top of page

Property Owners Insurance

Commercial and residential properties come with plenty of income opportunities, but also plenty of risks. The point of property owners insurance is to mitigate against risks such as vandalism, tenant injury, loss of rent, and any legal action that might come from an ongoing or serious dispute.

Your assets could be a range of commercial properties, a portfolio of residential houses or a single buy-to-let. Property owners insurance from ISG can cover all these set-ups and more alongside the kind of risks that may bring with them.

Your property portfolio can take a lot of protection but this doesn’t need to be unfeasible in terms of your time and money. ISG can help you find the right property owners' insurance policy for you.

What types of properties can we cover?


Residential properties are generally houses or flats that a rented to individuals or families using a tenancy agreement. They sometimes are also let to students or tenants that receive benefits to help pay for their rent.


Commercial properties are buildings used for business, such as shops, offices, restaurants or industrial units. They are usually rented to another business.


If you have a number of properties they can be covered under one policy. This could include a mix Residential and Commercial Properties. Property portfolios can be more flexable to make it easy to add and remove properties.


A property could be considered non-standard for a variety of reasons, the building could be of a non-standard construction or the property could be in an area prone to flooding or subsidence.


If your property is vacant or empty you will need a different type of policy that take in to consideration of the increased risks involved.


If you own a holiday home or a second house we can offer a specific policy for this that will take in to account that the limited occupancy or unusual location. You can also choose to add cover should you rent out you home.

Property covers to consider

Here are some an important areas you need to consider for your Property Owners Insurance:


  • Security

  • Liability

  • Loss Of Rent

  • Legal Cover

An unsecured property is open to vandalism, theft or worse, arson. Parameter fencing, motion sensitive lighting and alarms are obvious ways of providing physical protection for a commercial property, especially one which is in a remote location. More feasible measures include reducing opportunity, such as making it difficult to access upper levels from the outside, and ensuring there is no rubbish left unattended which could be set alight.

With a variety of policies available, covering everything from the property asset, and liabilities to loss of rental income, we can look into a bespoke Property Owners’ insurance to meet your precise requirements. And it doesn’t matter if you own just one property or a portfolio of properties; we have experience of finding cover on all levels.

Our straightforward Property Owners’ products can help you minimise risk from unforeseen events and ensure that you get the maximum return on your investment.

Key features of our Property Owners’ Insurance:

  • Buildings and Contents insurance

  • Accidental damage cover

  • Property owners liability

  • Employers’ liability

  • Loss of rent cover

  • Excess options

  • Terrorism

  • Theft by persons legally on the premises

  • Vacant premises

  • Underinsurance

  • Damage caused by fraud or dishonesty

  • Residential Property Owners’ Insurance

Our experience in the Property Owner market enables us to remove much of the administrative burden from you including tenant insurance invoicing, verification of cover to tenants, solicitors and funders but above all our service to property owner and investor clients is comprehensive and goes far beyond just providing insurance



bottom of page